Course Description :
Together we’re going to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator. During our course we won’t just learn how to use the tools… we will create real-world, practical projects together.
This course is aimed at people new to Illustrator & design in general. We’ll start right at the beginning, working our way through step by step.
We’ll start with the techniques you’ll need to create just about everything in Illustrator. Including icons, logos, postcards & hand-drawn illustrations.
We’ll explore lines & brushes. You’ll master how to use and manipulate type. I’ll show you the clever secrets Illustrator has which will help you to discover & use beautiful colors like a pro.
You’ll learn how to push, pull, cut & repeat artwork. You’ll learn how to redraw real-world examples of famous logos. We’ll cover the essentials like correct saving & exporting along with so, so much more.
What is the target audience?
If you’ve never opened Illustrator before, or you’ve opened it and struggled, come with me, I’ll show you the easy way to make beautiful artwork.
No previous Adobe Illustrator experience is necessary.
This course is for people completely new to Illustrator. No previous design, drawing or illustration experience is necessary.
All classes will be online and will enable you to produce a large range of drawing, illustration & logo work. Only basic computing skills are necessary – If you can send emails and surf the internet then you will cope well with this course.
What are the requirements?
You will need a copy of Adobe Illustrator 2018 or above. A free trial of the software can be downloaded from Adobe.com. We will help you to get a working copy so you could practice.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Drawing with Shapes & Lines
- Drawing with the Shape Builder
- Creating a custom logo
- Working with Brushes
- Drawing with the pen, pencil & curvature tool
- Learn how to work with type & fonts.
- How to mask images & graphics.
- How to distort, bend, warp & liquefy illustrations.
- How to make your own repeating wallpaper patterns.
- How to create stencil style images from real drawings.
- How to use free Illustrator templates.
- How to save, print & export for Print, web & social media.
- Lots of real-world exercises for you to practice.
- Loads of class projects for you to complete.
- Printable PDF Cheatsheet.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files.
- Online support from me.
- Techniques used by professional graphic designers.
- Professional workflows and shortcuts.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your accelerate your career.
- How to draw in Adobe Illustrator CC with shapes & lines
- How to draw using the Shape Builder tool in Adobe Illustrator CC
- How to draw a fox using the shape builder tool in Adobe Illustrator CC
- How to draw custom logo shapes easily in Adobe Illustrator CC
- How to draw anything using the Curvature Tool in Adobe Illustrator
- How to draw using the Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator CC
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool in Adobe Illustrator CC
- How to use Brushes in Adobe Illustrator CC
- How to draw lines with the Width Tool in Adobe Illustrator
Type & Fonts